Hi Guys. I apologize for being MIA with my normal Monday post. Unfortunately at this time in my pregnancy, I have been in and out of the doctor’s office and hospital being monitored for high blood pressure. At this time, the doctors are unsure if it is gestational hypertension or preeclampsia that is slowly developing. Needless to say, the baby is completely healthy and so am I besides the higher blood pressure readings which is a blessing. I am in great hands both from my doctors and my family! It looks like I will not be making it to 40 weeks and will most likely be induced at the end of April. As long as everything continues to go well while on bed rest, I will try to keep up with a little post every Monday and I have a few lovely mamas lined up to share their Friday Favorites in the coming weeks.
I wanted to touch on a few more items that I got from my shower. John’s cousin Marissa gifted me with Bluum Box. Bluum Box is a monthly subscription for moms to get cool products delivered right to their door to try. Think Birchbox or FabFitFun boxes but for moms. I will be getting these once a month for the next 6 months and I am so excited to share what is inside!
Here’s what I just received yesterday in my first box!
- Check out this site here>>>> Red Velvet! Bluum Box gifted a 50 percent off towards a baking kit. I am a lover of all sweets and that has not changed since being pregnant so of course I took advantage of it! The website offers baking kits delivered to your door with almost all of the ingredients needed to complete the recipe! You can scroll through and see the level of difficulty the task will be. Another cool feature is that if you don’t have a utensil required, you can purchase that off the site as well. Have a friend that would enjoy this? They offer at subscription where the recipient will get baking kits every month to enjoy! I know this sounds right up my sister’s alley. I definitely don’t need this coming to my door every month–especially with a baby on the way, but I do want to try to give a follow-up blog on how it went. I chose two simple recipes: cupcakes. I chose the “celebration cupcakes” and the “nutella cupcakes.” Because I am unsure of how the next few weeks will shake out until baby is born, I scheduled for the delivery to be in May. Head over to the website and check it out. I will let you know my thoughts when I get them in May! Thanks Red Velvet, you sure know how to make a mama with lots of cravings smile 🙂
Bella B Nipple Nurture Butter:
- Used to help breastfeeding moms to aid with “sore or cracked nipples.”
- Okay, I tried this yesterday because mine are already getting dry. It was literally like butter and super moisturizing. I am battling a cold right now so I am unable to smell, but my trusty assistant, John Paul Martin the first (who has one of the finest senses of smell in the business) states that it smells like Christmas. So there you have it!
- Plus: you do not need to wipe off before breastfeeding your litle one
- Retails for $9.99 and can be purchased here!
- This company is perfect for the eco-friendly mama!
- Super soft and totally cute. Ours has cute little penguins on it! I tend to buy a lot of our groceries organic so I can definitely get down on a company that makes their
baby clothing organic as well! The sleeper we received can be purchased here.
- Can’t wait to get a picture of our baby in this very soon!
Playtex Nipple Variety Pack:
- I don’t have much to say about these yet because it will really be up to whatever the baby likes, but I do like that Bluum includes this before baby is born so that you can experiment with which nipple will work best for your baby before spending a lot of money of bottles that will never be used.
- This package came with a 4 pack variety of all shapes and sizes for your newborn. We will have to stay tuned on if any of them worked for our baby…
- Can be purchased at Toys R Us, Amazon, or Playtex.com
The last thing I want to touch on is my Fawn Design Diaper Bag. Two of my girlfriends gifted this to me for the baby shower and I am completely obsessed. It’s about that time where the diaper bag needs to be packed at all times and I am thoroughly enjoying packing this pretty little thing up! As you can see, mine is pretty packed up right now with baby clothes and such, but I still have more room on the outside pockets and inside if needed. The bag can be worn as purse or a backpack. With a physical therapy background, I am all for equal distribution of weight and not wrenching one side of my body, so I have a feeling the backpack feature will be widely used by me. The company just released two new colors- “Poppy” and “Bloom.” The Poppy bag is a must have for spring and I am dying to get my hands on it (you can never have too many diaper bags, right?). I know these bags are not for everyone because they are expensive, but I like the durability of it thus far and have heard great things from other moms!
So there you have it. I want to thank everyone who has been helping me these past few weeks especially those sending up extra prayers and love my way. It is so very much appreciated and I will try to enjoy these last few weeks of rest before our lives change completely for the better!
Thanks for reading TWO PINK LINES