This is a brand new segment I plan to do mid week of some of the “High” Moments from the week, send some good vibes out to others and I want to incorporate new ways to help others in to my daily routine. I want to use the change lives section to highlight an organization having to do with marriage or children that I believe in and feel I can help. I plan to research the organization, tell you about it and show how we can all help. Then I want to put that into action every once in awhile with more than just money. I want to get out there and volunteer for some of these places and maybe it will inspire others to do the same. Here goes nothing….
- This week has been a crazy one. The highlight of this past week was actually already written about in my last blog. I love a good wedding and being around family- some of which have never met Eleanor before, so it was really awesome. What I didn’t write about was that we also visited my aunt and uncle and their boys in Indiana. We celebrated my dad’s 50th a little early over there and John was able to play in a golf tournament. My aunt and uncle love spending time with us and the feeling is mutual. I love the way their boys treat Ellie. They love her so much and are already so protective of her! It was a lot of fun and great memories were made.
- My first good vibe goes out to my father! Happy 50th, dad. You’re a half a century old. We are all lucky to have you in our lives and wish you nothing but the best in your first year as 50. PS. 50 is the new 30 so don’t feel old yet!
- My second good vibe goes out to Jay Cutler. I don’t know why this man holds a special place in my heart after all of the heartbreak I have felt as a bear fan, but he does. I know what you’re thinking ” Oh Darcy, you probably only care about him because his wife posted a pic of his butt on Instagram,” and while that may be true that is not why I like him. I have always been of fan of his and I want him to have a successful year as a Dolphin (but not so successful that they are better than the Broncos or the Bears 😉 )
- I’m sending a big shoutout to the company Raw Beauty Talks. If you haven’t heard of this company, I highly recommend it >>>>>Raw Beauty Talks Website . Their mission is to empower women by “building positive body image and self love to everyone we reach.” Being the mother of a daughter, I know how crazy the social media world gets and how women and men are perceived to be perfect due to photoshop, filters, make up, etc. I don’t want Ellie to grow up thinking that she isn’t good enough because of the way others are portrayed on social media. I will do MY best to make sure that her self- love and confidence starts at home. This website offers the tools to love you for you and I can’t wait until the day that I have enough confidence to post a picture of my “Raw” beauty some day without any make up on. Hopefully that day will be sooner rather than later. So really, this good vibe goes out to Kaitlyn Bristowe, because without her #realstagram and having the founder of this company on her podcast, I would have never known it existed. Those of you who know me know I’m a HUGE bachelor/ette fan and Kaitlyn was def one of my favorites.
- My final good vibe goes out to my youngest brother as he begins to apply for nursing school. Jack, don’t mess this up for me buddy. I need someone to call me every day to reassure me that I am in fact a hypochondriac. In all seriousness, I have no doubts that will get into a nursing program. You are made for this job!
- I am going to highlight again the company Raw Beauty Talks in this section this week. DONATE here like I did to help their non-profit organization that helps youth with self love and confidence. Can’t donate? Try a #Realstagram yourself like I am to be apart of the movement that everything you see on social media isn’t always real. Where was this program when I was younger? I basically faked it till I made it and even now I have days where I don’t feel confident in my own skin. Let’s be real. After having a baby, you have to get used to the changes in your physical appearance. Although all of those changes are totally worth it, it still takes time to adjust to new stretch marks and body changes. I hope to be a good role model for Ellie and show her what it means to have confidence no matter what my outer appearance may be and to teach her to judge less and love more.
Thanks for reading TWO PINK LINES!